2013年10月10日 星期四



1.J.K. Rowling ── from a single mother to a well-known author

    When starting to write Harry Potter, she was a nobody, working in Amnesty International(國際特赦組織)."In 1990, while she was on a four-hour-delayed train trip from Manchester to London, the idea for a story of a young boy attending a school of wizardry "came fully formed" into her mind."(from Wikipedia)
    "I did not have a functioning pen with me, but I do think that this was probably a good thing. I simply sat and thought, for four (delayed train) hours, while all the details bubbled up in my brain, and this scrawny, black-haired, bespectacled(戴眼鏡的) boy who didn't know he was a wizard became more and more real to me."
──from her website
    Going through the divorce and the single-parent hood, she finished the manuscript, and then finally had it published after some twist and turns. It not only improved her economic condition, but also made her to be a world-famous author, who has set off a whirlwind of Harry Potter around the world!
The manuscript of the Philosopher's Stone
    


Covers of the series of Harry Potter.

2.Story

    At the 11 year-old birthday, Harry Potter, a boy who had escaped from the notorious, frightening wizard, Voldemort, was bring to the wizard school, Hogwarts.

    The series is about the Harry and his friends' adventure in the wizard world, and the fight with the final boss, Voldemort.

    Let's see a short film to know the synopsis of each volume:


3.My Thought

    If you think that you've watched the movie so you don't need to read the novels, you are absolutely wrong!
    There are many interesting and exciting part, more details that are only mentioned in the novels. You may be amazed by the exquisite description which cannot be showed in the movie.
    For people don't have time to read whole seven volumes, I recommend the forth one, the Goblet of Fire. It's about the Triwizard Tournament. You will find that not only the 3D special effects but the words can bring the excitement to you!

16 則留言:

  1. Harry Potter is my first English novel!!!
    Although reading English is not easy for me, I would still buy the books, because I don't need to wait for Chinese version, can enjoy the latest one.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Wow, I believe it took you lots of time to figure out the meaning of those strange proper nouns .XD

      刪除
  2. I got to know Harry Potter was because of his first movie: The Sorcerer's Stone and it totally fascinated me. Thus I read all the series of Harry Potter, yet I didn't read them in English version. By the way, the video do entertain me.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. It's okay, I have never read the English version, too.
      Although it may not be so different between languages, I still want to try the English one, maybe after improving my English reading ability.@@

      刪除
  3. I read Harry Potter in the summer vacation when I was second grade. And I got near-sighted from then on. But that means I really was tempted by those amazing books. Good narration!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Maybe this is one of the reasons that made me near-sighted, too. XD

      刪除
  4. I had already read all the series of Harry Potter(in chinese version), but I never watch the movie version.....
    I love your movie very much!
    The acapella is awesome!
    :)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. The melodies are all from the original sound tracks of Harry Potter's movie. Although they cut a few details, they are still worth watching.

      刪除
  5. I still remember...About a year ago, I was still facing the college entrance exam. I unintentionally have the first two pages of The Sorcerer's Stone and I can't stop reading it! I spend around a week to finish the whole story instead of studying...

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. And then you got into NTU, what a genius you are!

      刪除
  6. why do you recommend 4th the most? I am a Harry potter lover. After all, it is the only continuous novel I have ever read. I enjoy your introduction, which reminds me some precious memory.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Because instead of the fight between the justice and evil, I prefer the exciting competition and the interesting game they played!

      刪除
  7. Harry Potter!!!!!
    Just like what you say, we have to read the novels.After I read the novels, I found that the movies lost a lot of details. However, I read the novel in Chinese.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Don't be shamed, almost everybody reads the Chinese version. XD

      刪除
  8. I loved the touching story of Harry Potter very much!
    I'd even read in English edition but could barely understand all the words (吳永瀚

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Undoubtedly, it is a time-consuming work to realize all the words in any English novel.

      刪除